Three Cyclamen Flowers

I thought that I might post some pieces that I painted and sold before I started my blog. This one is as the title says... three cyclamen flowers. Cyclamen are native to the Mediterranean region from Spain to Iran. The variegated leaves are thought by some botanists to be a form of natural camouflage to reduce grazing damage by animals. Interesting... as each leaf and flower stem grow separately, all rising from the same underground tuber, which has probably evolved to keep the flower safe if a leaf or two are consumed...
They like to be in shade with well drained soil. Even though it can be tricky to keep cyclamen as a house plant, they look wonderful for the few weeks you may be able to keep them alive.
You can always get another one...

SOLD
18x24, on gallery profile canvas