Ruffled Orange






'Ruffled Orange' was so much fun to paint!  This orange poppy is from a photo of a gorgeous plant growing in the Highlands, here in Edmonton.  The petals of this flower had lots of twists and curls, with a number of split petals which created the appearance of multiple ruffles... orange ruffles.  Layers upon layers of fluffy orange silk... a full skirt waiting to be twirled!

How many of you had an Etch A Sketch as a kid?  I LOVED mine, and after going on and on about how much I enjoyed using it as a kid... this little pocket one appeared under the Christmas tree a number of years ago.

I was inspired to pull out my little' Pocket Etch A Sketch' and try to recreate my painting...

I'm a bit rusty, but not too bad for one try at the poppy (no second takes).  Tomorrow I will show you the Iris...
(Of course I can write my name too)

SOLD
9x12 oil on canvas (Etch A Sketch is not included... ask Santa for one)