Ruby Red

When I planted my front yard/lawn garden a couple of years ago I bought some lily bulbs (that promised to be a rich ruby red), to plant in one area near the sidewalk.  The first year only skinny green leaves appeared... no flowers.  Of course I knew that this often happens until the plant gets established in its new home, but like all gardeners, I secretly hoped that because I had amended the soil in that bed with lots of rich natural nutrients mother nature would reward me with gorgeous blooms the first year.  Not so...
But this past summer I was pleasantly surprised to see long delicate flower stems appear, topped by  rich red lily blooms accented with florescent yellow/green centers.  In order to preserve my delicate treasures from the wind, I stuck a wooden stake in the ground beside each of the flower stocks and gently tied them to it for support.  Treasure markers...

SOLD
12x12, oil on canvas