Foiled Tangelo II

I must be part crow... because my eye is drawn (pun intended) to tin foil.  My brain is intrigued by the patterns of colour and light that dance and swirl over the shiny silver surface as I place objects on the foil for my still life set ups.  More excitement ensues when I pick up my camera, selecting various angles from which to snap reference photos.  Certain angles catch my breath.  Before I realize it I am talking out loud, expounding on the beauty that my macro lens has revealed, lost in a kaleidoscope of images I slowly find my way back to reality, and begin the painting session.  There never seems to be enough hours in a day to explore the endless possibilities for creativity...

Foiled Tangelo II was a thrill to paint.

I wonder how many different 'types' of tin foil exist... do they all reflect in the same way?  My inner crow wants to know...

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas. (needs some drying time)