Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lavender Light

I have painted these lavender fields before, but wanted to do them again in a square format.  Lavender fields in Canada are rare, and the land where these fields are located is just a bit north west of Fulford Harbour, on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia.  My reference photos are from the fall of last year, so as you can see some areas of the lavender have been harvested already...  I think July is when they have their lavender festival.
Maybe I'll get there another year, in July.  Until then, I am quite content to revisit these reference photos and reminis...

$150.00, 10x10 oil on canvas


1 comment:

Dusty Pines said...

the colors in this are intense! & i really like the paths between the straight cultivated rows leading back into the wilds of nature! thank you!