Thursday, September 2, 2010

Inner Beauty II: Orange Heat, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"... this saying first appeared in the 3rd century BCE in Greece.  It wasn't until the 19th century (1878 to be more exact) that it appeared in it's current form in print and is credited to Margaret Hungerford in her book 'Molly Bawn'.

The definition of beauty is complex... and yet simple at the same time.  Beauty resides everywhere you wish to find it.  Sometimes it comes in a flash, sometimes it comes after long contemplation or experience, and sometimes it just is.

Tell me, where do you find inner beauty?

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas




8 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

This and the hollyhock are mesmerizing; very meditative and full to bursting with instense color. I hope you'll continue this series!

Kim said...

The purple against the orange is exciting - lush and exotic. Great piece!

Carol Nelson said...

Love the vibrancy and close cropping on this painting!

Julie Hill said...

Kim, I just adore how you do flowers!!! This one really speaks to me. And thanks for the tid-bit on "beauty".

Ruth Andre said...

The blue and the red are really wonderful together in this painting.

Dusty Pines said...

those colors together are so rich - you are inspiring! beauty? in the oddest places - wednesday, in the reflections of a vinyl table cloth in a milk pitcher...

Erin Haugen said...

Congratulations on your upcoming shows and on your success! You may remember me - I worked at Colours for a year, mentioned that I did political paintings at the time. I've been following your blog ever since. I just wanted to let you know - You insire me!

Melanie Rawlings said...

I love the blues in here. What a beautiful contrast.