Monday, November 22, 2010

Monochromatic Floral Painting of a Lily, Black and White II, Evening Star, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Black and White Study

Here is number two of my black and white oil series.  A monochromatic version of a previous stargazer painting, Evening Star has a soft tonal quality.  Often we artists will render a black and white drawing or painting of a subject before we paint it in colour.  I decided to do things the other way around...

I choose to do my tonal series in black and white, but any colour plus white would work.  Switching between oils and pen & ink for my monochromatic work keeps me on my toes, as each medium is handled differently, but the beauty of each medium is inspiring and fuels my creativity.



$150.00, 10x10 oil on canvas

1 comment:

Gwen Bell said...

Both of these b/w's are so good. Really great values!