Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Monochromatic Floral Painting of a Lily, Black and White III, Black Pollen, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Black and White Study

This will be the last monochromatic oil painting I do for a while, as I feel the pull of all the vibrant colors smeared across my palette.  I am sure I will do more later...
Pen & ink paintings will continue to show up here and there on my blog, and I am considering a special section just for them.  The the magic of  black ink on paper is hard to resist.


Black Pollen is an oil painting inspired from a previous piece in my 'Inner Beauty' Series.  If you click on the photo you will see a close-up of this paint, revealing the thick impasto oil paint of the anthers, buttery rich passages of black pollen.


$150.00, 10x10 oil on canvas. (+ 15.00 S&H anywhere in North America)

1 comment:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I am really enjoying this monochomatic series.