Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Abstracted Pine Painting, Red Pine, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

My head has been full of ideas just waiting to pop out onto the canvas when the right mix of various muse showed up at the same time.  Well it happened today...

After viewing a few different artists' work on the web, (one fellow, who's work I find very inspiring is Angus Wilson), perusing art magazines, attending various art exhibits around the city, looking over stained glass designs and colors my husband is going to be working with for our house, along with wanting to try using more color with a touch of abstraction in my landscape work, my head almost exploded today!

I will blame some of my experimentation on the fact that last night was a full lunar eclipse  (which we made a point of going outside at 1:17 last night to observe) of a red toned moon, and today is the winter solstice!

Some of this might explain today's painting called Red Pine, which is perhaps the beginning of a new series in the coming new year.  No promises... 

 NFS

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love everything about this. Perspective and color harmony!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Forgot to mention that I LOVE Angus Wilson's paintings. I see them on Facebook.