Friday, January 7, 2011

Red or White?, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

It isn't tax time yet... but I am already anticipating the need for a 'refreshment' or two, just to get organized, which is why I chose to paint my cork screw.

Actually, I feel pretty proud of myself because last January, I purchase colored file folders and printed labels for each folder to match a line entry on my business tax excel spread sheet, (for example I have a  yellow folder with 'postage' printed on it in big bold letters.)  Having different colored folders appeals to my love of color and printing the labels in bold, large case letters makes it easy to read.

Then I purchased a 'vertical desk top wire mesh file holder' with 7 deep slots, from Staples, which allows me to fit 3 or 4 folders into each slot.  That way I can see everything at a glance, plus have the option to store it upright in a cupboard. Each time I purchase something, or pay a bill, I clip the new receipt to the previous receipts in the appropriate folder, which keeps everything nice and tidy rather than just tossing them into the folder and having to organize each folder later on when I need to add up the receipts... everything takes time and I am all about saving time and steps.

In theory all I have to do is grab one folder at a time, open it, add up all the receipts, then enter that total on the corresponding line on the spread sheet.  It all sounds so easy!  Once the theory has been put into practice I will report back on how well it went.

Which one do you prefer, red or white?  This year my choice is white...

$150.00, 10x10 oil on canvas



3 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Very nice silver cork skrew painting and I love the red background.

Julie Hill said...

great painting...and great organizational skillz my friend...wish i could say the same about myself....

Gwen Bell said...

Great job on the metallic look. Love the crop too!