Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Abstract Painting, Fire in the Sky I, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Fire in the Sky I
12x12 oil on gallery profile canvas

I have been working with some tin-foil reflections from past reference photos; selecting various sections, then cropping them to create some ' jumping off points ' of inspiration for a few abstract paintings.
Abstract paintings may look easy to execute, but believe me they are not.  An artist still needs inspiration... a 'spark' to ignite creativity in order to pick up the brush... plus thoughts about composition, shape, line, color and texture.
  
NFS
12x12 oil on gallery profile canvas

1 comment:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Love this. Its gorgeous. Yes, wouldn't it be nice if abstract was simply standing back and throwing paint on the canvas. (although, I'm sure thats done too.)