Saturday, May 14, 2011

Floral Still Life Painting of a Lily, by Canadian Artists Kim Blair and Lauren Peck

Inner Beauty IX: Pure Elegance
10x10 oil on canvas

Lauren Peck's lovely version of my painting
12x12 acrylic on canvas


Lauren contacted me back in April of this year, asking me for some bio information because she was using me and my art work for a special project for her high school art class.  I must say I was very flattered to think that this young woman chose to recreate one of my paintings.  When she asked for my bio info I directed her to my website so that she would have a bit of fun info to share with her class.  In return I asked Lauren if I could share some of her info on my site, and she agreed.
  
Lauren Peck is a Grade 11 student at Glace Bay High School, in Glace Bay Nova Scotia.  She loves to  paint, and from the look of this excellent acrylic version she painted of 'Pure Elegance', I think she is well on her way to creating a career in the arts... if she so chooses.

I would also like to send a special thank you to the art instructor at Glace Bay High School for suggesting this project; what a creative and innovative approach to teaching art!

My version is sold, and I assume Lauren is keeping hers... I wouldn't be surprised to hear that her mother has already claimed her beautiful painting for their home... "Lauren's Lovely Lily."

Happy Painting Lauren.

Sincerely
Kim

No comments: