Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Billboard on a Busy Street... by Kim Blair


Here I am with my billboard image
(the image is a detail from a larger abstract painting called 'Prana')
a #YEGCanvas event


A BIG thank you to:

 The Edmonton Arts Council and Pattison signs!



I mentioned in a previous blog posting (Nov 1) that I was one of the artists selected to have a painting displayed on a billboard in the #YEGCanvas urban billboard and transit poster exhibition for 2016/2017.   Click here for the map to locate each billboard/poster for this round of artists (my billboard is #2 on the map.)

Locating my billboard was a fun game of hide and seek even though it was a bit of a cold overcast day here in Edmonton when I ventured up to 97 Street and 135 Avenue to find the billboard image of my painting.  Luckily my husband drove so I could swivel my head around (not quite like Linda Blair in the 'Exorcist'... but close) looking at the front and back of each sign until I found mine in the 'Fountain Tire' parking lot, southbound on 97 Street.  What a thrill!

Numerous photos and one short video later we were on our way back home... but the day felt warmer and a whole lot sunnier... at least for me!





3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

Looks GREAT!!! Good to see this success.

Harry Abbink said...

Congratulations Kim. Nice piece and great exposure.

Kim Blair said...


Thanks Harry. Not long now until you hang your exhibition! Looking forward to opening night on Jan 26!