Monday, January 2, 2017

New Do for the New Year, by Kim Blair

*click on 'Selfies' tab at top of blog for image

'New Do for the New Year'
(12x9 pencil on paper)

I had my hair cut a bit shorter for the holidays, which meant I needed to take a new series of photos for my self-portrait project, (although I may still utilize some of the previous photos).   It's interesting that my image changes depending on the angle of the camera, the pose taken and/or the style  of my hair.  The challenge is to work with the image chosen, trying to recreate what you are seeing rather than what you 'think' you see, or think you know...

My New Year resolution is to complete and post the balance of my self-portraits over the next 11 months, which works out to one self-portrait a week for the next forty-seven weeks.

This is number five.

No comments: