Lois in pastel, by Kim Blair



Lois
(14"x11" pastel on gessoed 300 lb w.c. paper)


Lois is such a good sport! 

I told her she is my 'test portrait' because this is the third portrait I painted of her... and as the saying goings "Third time's a charm."

The first two times I painted her portrait using acrylic paint on gessoed w.c. paper... the second attempt was better than the first...but the third portrait (painted with caran d'ache aquarelle pastels on a terra cotta toned acrylic ground) that you see posted here is my favourite!

Since these caran d'ache aquarelle pastels are now my portrait medium of choice I invested in the large boxed set of 84 colours... a very early birthday gift to myself.
  
*(Next week you will see the pastel portrait I painted of her husband Gord)

A special note to my subscribers:
(If you received this blog post via email subscription but the video below is a black box...  and will not play in your email... then please go directly to my art blog kimblairartist.blogspot.com in order to view the video there)