Ken's Portrait, by Kim Blair



Ken
(14"x11" pastel on 300 lb. gessoed w.c. paper)

The reference photo for this portrait was taken while Ken and Heather (he is married to Heather who's portrait I posted last week) were dining at an outdoor cafe. I burst out laughing when I saw it saying, "OMG Ken, you look like a rocker!" They said it had been a 'bit' breezy that day which is why Ken's hair looks a touch wind swept. I had so much fun painting his hair!

That look is definitely Rock Star material... and low and behold look what I found in the vinyl section of a local record store recently...
;)



A special note to my subscribers:
(If you received this blog post via email subscription but the video below is a black box...  and will not play in your email... then please go directly to my art blog kimblairartist.blogspot.com in order to view the short 2 minute video.