Blue Beard, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

This is my 100th painting in 2009!  Realizing that I have completed and catalogued 100 paintings from January 1, 2009 to now, I had to pinch myself.  Of course this number does not reflect the number of paintings that did not work out and I wiped off the canvas and started again...
While mixing the purple and blue shades for this Iris I reflected on how quickly time passes when you are doing something you love to do.  Sure, I have frustrating days when nothing seems to work the way I wanted it to... But as I have mention a few times on my blog it is the painting process that I enjoy, not just the end result.  Like the saying... It is the journey not the destination... 
The twist and turns of a flower petal are a metaphor for the twists and turns we experience in life.  When painting or drawing the petal we are experiencing life in a unique way because in order to capture the essence of the petal you must really take the time to study the section you are working on... you need to feel it on many levels.  We can try to be technically perfect but then the painting would be lifeless, boring, mechanical.
Let's celebrate imperfection!  Perfectionism is over-rated and boring!

SOLD
10x8, oil on canvas (needs some drying time, after all it is 100)