Friday, November 6, 2009

Gilded Lilies

Gilded Lilies..."to adorn unnecessarily something already beautiful."

Many of my subscribers know that orange and rust tones are some of my favourite colours to use in a painting...  Fun and flamboyant the colour orange radiates warmth and energy (according to one of my on-line sources) besides stimulating activity and appetite it encourages socialization.  Perhaps that is why cozy terra cotta toned dinning rooms are popular in restaurants and homes... you will linger a bit longer.

I am in the midst of working on some larger paintings for a show I will be doing and hosting next year, and will keep you posted as to the location and the date. (I have a few venues I am researching) 


 And yes, there will lots of rich earthy colours in the show...



SOLD
8x10 oil on canvas (needs some drying time)

No comments: