Spring Ice

Yesterday, early in the morning, I was out driving in the spring ice/snow we had in Edmonton overnight... it was white knuckle driving, and took me a longtime to get back home from my excursion, so I did not post.
Spring Ice, a painting from my creamy/peach iris series, is a reminder that even though spring has officially arrived, one can not really count on the weather here in the north for another month.  The thick impasto areas of rich oil paint in this painting could symbolize the patches of spring ice I encountered here and there on the roads yesterday...  a thick build up of texture, accented with smooth sections that glistened in the early morning light.  Beauty can be found in the oddest of places...

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas (thicker areas will need some extra dying time)