Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sunburst

I have a larger version of this painting in my personal art collection.    Poppies are one of my favourite garden flowers, plus so much fun to paint.  Actually, there are a number of flowers on my favourite list... but poppies are in the top 5 of my long, long list.  (Perhaps I should confess to being a flower junkie... but most of you have probably figured that out by now.)

Poppy petals resemble crinkled raw silk fabric gathered into a central focal point... and as the blooms flutter in an afternoon breeze I am captivated by the bits of light that dance along the edges and folds of the flower, while a dusting of pollen is often scattered in random patterns on a few petals...

A Sunburst of colour for your wall.

SOLD
12x12 oil on canvas.

5 comments:

Becky Joy said...

Beautiful color. It just pops.

Gwen Bell said...

Another beauty! That red jumps right off the page. Had to smile when I read your post. I was thinking along the same lines. Reminds me of a birdseye view of a woman twirling her silky red dress. :)

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Kim I can't tell you just how much I am enjoying your beautiful flowers. Lovely brushwork and color value.

Kelley Sanford said...

Enjoying your intimate close ups of the flowers. You give them such personality and the colors are beautiful.

Julie Hill said...

Kim, such a striking piece.Well done. What a fabulous accent piece in a well decorated room. Very proud to be a part of Daily Painter originals with you.