Friday, February 11, 2011

Paper Weaving, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Paper Weaving, 81/2 x 5 inches

You may be wondering why I have not been posting as much lately.  The Design Course I am taking at the University involves a TON of homework, and I have been spending at least 2 to 3 days on it each week, so that does not leave much time to paint for my blog, plus I am getting some work together for some upcoming shows.
My art direction has been shifting too... I can feel a change happening, so you may see some different art work being posted on my blog, which will make it more interesting for all of us... 
So stay tuned!

This paper weaving is composed of Yellow Values (yellow mixed with various degrees of black), plus sections from some printed material.

NFS

6 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

As you know I was a fine craft basket maker and this weaving just made me feel so good when I saw it. Lovely work. It looks like you are having fun in your classes and I look forward to see what you post next.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Nice color combination.

Kim said...

LOVE it! Looks very exciting. You must be loving getting an infusion of new ideas. Can't wait to see how things shift!

Carol Nelson said...

Hard to believe it's just yellow and black, but that's why the colors are so harmonious. It's a beautiful effect.

Good for you that you are ALLOWING yourself to try new directions in your art.

Some artists keep doing the same old thing because it sells - I can see where that comes from however.

I get bored with the same thing all the time which is why I bounce back and forth between realism and abstraction.

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

love this...very interesting looking. Just saw a show at the Autry Museum on the ancient art of basket weaving...you might want to check it out.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this!! Keep up the good work!