Sunday, February 20, 2011

Abstract Painting, Impression of Day Lilies II, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Impression of Day Lilies II
 10x30 acrylic on canvas

I painted this piece almost two years ago.  The texture, color and mark making made me take a good close look at it again, reinforcing my desire to continue doing some abstracts.  A profusion of earthy colored day lilies took over my backyard garden a few summers ago, and I remember sitting at the patio table soaking up the rich colors before me, wondering what they might look like abstracted...

SOLD
10x30, acrylic on canvas

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is really nice. I love the soft background and color combination. Shared on facebook.

Carol Nelson said...

You're right - we are on the same wavelength today.

Ruth Andre said...

Kim, I love the canvas size for this painting. I feel as if I am seeing a garden of daylilies.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love this. The softness of the background played against the brights in the flowers.