Poppy Painting, Orange Flames,Artist Kim Blair

Orange Flames
10x10, oil on canvas
NFS

I am happy to report that my email is back up and running!  It certainly is hard to believe how much we (read I) have come to depend on email to communicate with the world and do business.

This poppy painting is hanging in our home.  Vibrant orange petals like wispy flames dancing around a dusting of electric blue pollen... a sort of whirling dervish of creative impulses.

My head is swimming with ideas for a series of larger paintings, which I will be setting aside for shows.  The majority of blog postings this year will be drawings... some pen & ink... some mixed media, etc.

Stay tuned for some twists and turns... you never know what may show up in a post this year.

Best Wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy 2012!