Golda's portrait in pastel by Kim Blair



Golda
(14"x11" wax pastel on gessoed w.c. paper)

I saw Golda while shopping a few months ago.

Her braids and beautiful skin caught my eye. Past experience taught me that if I see/meet someone I feel drawn to paint I should not hesitate to ask permission to photograph them at that exact moment in order to capture the essence that inspired me. Golda agreed to allow me to photograph her, paint her portrait and post the painting on social media.

Thanks Golda for being open to the experience!



 "A portrait painting is the artist's expressive interpretation of the sitter, capturing a single moment in time."





*If you received this blog post via email subscription the video will not be visible in your email. Please go directly to my art blog by clicking on the following link for kimblairartist.blogspot.com in order to view the short 2 minute video of the creation of this portrait.

(It may take a couple of seconds for it to load once you press play...)