Garlic Elegance, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Not only do I love to paint garlic, I love to eat it as well.  It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I remember tasting fresh garlic, as my mother only used garlic salt and/or powder when she cooked.  To be honest, I am not sure that I even new what a bulb or clove looked like until that fateful day when a friend (who was older and a more experienced cook) made a Caesar Salad using fresh garlic... needless to say I was hooked.
The taste difference between fresh and powdered garlic is almost indescribable.  Perhaps there is still a place for powdered garlic in cooking, but in our kitchen it is always fresh.  And the couple who purchased this painting, (along with another 10x10 avocado painting for a grouping on a wall in their kitchen), are real 'foodies', with a pantry stocked with fresh garlic... along with other simple and exotic ingredients.

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas.