Lily Painting, Highlands Red, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair


We already have snow on the ground here in Edmonton, but the weather promises to be at least +6 degrees celsius for Halloween.   That temperature alone, makes Halloween Scary!  The snow got me thinking about summer... and gardens.  So I began browsing through some garden photos I have taken over the past few years, and came upon one of a red lily that was growing in a secluded backyard garden here in the Highlands.  This avid gardener grows a variety of lilies, and I have photographs of most of them... but this cute little red lily with a lime green throat which was growing along the fence line, caught my attention.  It seemed to be a fairly new addition to her garden at the time, because most of the other lilies in her extensive collection were more mature.  Maybe next summer I will be invited back to take more photos of her secret backyard garden...
What would a garden be without a lily, or two, or three, or .......

NFS
10x10 oil on canvas