Geranium Floral Painting, Burlesque, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Have you seen Burlesque?  If you like Cher, Christina Aguilera,  or great dance movies, then you have to see Burlesque!  Fun, colorful costumes along with fabulous singing... just the right thing (besides this painting) to lift your spirits... Yes I know it didn't get great reviews, but who cares... the dancing is great.

At the moment I am listening to the soundtrack from the movie while I write this post, getting up every now and then to dance to the music... and no, not like in the movie... I'd throw my back out doing those moves!
;)
The term Burlesque can be traced back to late Latin, 'burra' (trifle) which is the essence of this type of performance.  Campy and exotic, over the top performances... just for fun.  


The shape of the geranium leaf in this painting made me think of the wonderful fans used in some dance routines and the hot colored petals are reminiscent of the colorful costumes and makeup... lots of sizzle!

10x10 oil on canvas

sold