Citrus Fruit Painting, A Slice of Lime, by Kim Blair

A Slice of Lime
8x10
oil on canvas
sold

I was having one of those 'fruity' summer drinks the other day, you know the ones with a slice of lime sitting pretty on the rim of the glass, and thought about the series of paintings I created of lime wedges.

All the paintings had the lime section(s) sitting on a piece of crinkled aluminum foil.
The reflective quality of the foil produced interesting shimmers of light that gave the whole setup a rather ethereal quality.  Perhaps it was my imagination running wild from the 'fortification' in the drink I was using to drown my sorrows about having a nasty summer cold... what do you think?

Anyway I am almost over my cold (hurray!) so time to think about picking of a brush again.  Maybe I'll treat myself to a new sheet of foil! 

Wonder what I'll place on it this time?