Tim's portrait by Kim Blair


Tim
(14"x11" pastel on 300 lb. gessoed w.c. paper)


Ahoy!

Our friend Tim is a seaman at heart... he loves the water... and boats.

The reference photo for this portrait was taken by his wife Laura (see her portrait here) while on a ferry off the coast of BC. His serene smile (with a hint of mischievousness) says it all... he feels at home on the sea.

I can see him being captain of his own boat one day... perhaps a bit smaller than one of the BC ferries   ;) ... but something strong and sturdy non the less.

Although I don't see Tim as a gondolier I think he might enjoy a ride along one of the Venetian canals.




A special note to my subscribers:
*If you received this blog post via email subscription the video will not be visible in your email. Please go directly to my art blog by clicking on the following link for kimblairartist.blogspot.com in order to view the short 2 minute video of the creation of this portrait.