Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Semi Abstract Painting, Wicker Dreams Triptych, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Wicker Dreams Triptych
each one is 10x10 oil on canvas


Here are all three 'Wicker Dream' paintings lined up on my large easel in my studio, in order from left to right, I, II and III.  These three pieces are just the jumping off point for my 'wicker' series, I can feel there are many more paintings contained in this magical trunk... with a few interesting surprises hiding in the corners.

Stay tuned.

*All three paintings are SOLD.  

7 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Very cool. So graphic with lots of movement.

NoviceArtist said...

Lovely, just lovely. I'm glad they sold. Also looking forward to the rest of the paintings that trunk is triggering. :)

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Looks stunning in this setting, against the natural wood. The buyer has good taste. Loved the previous comments re: all the dust that has collected. I think about these things too and wonder about the history.

Kerri Settle said...

It's great to see these all together. It's refreshing to see such a unique subject covered - I look forward to seeing more in your wicker series!

Carol Nelson said...

These are so interesting. Very different. They look like a lot of work, but I think you're on to something.

SKIZO said...

AFabulousWork

Kim Blair said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! It certainly is fun to explore some new directions and subject matter in my art.
Kim